Metropolitan Museum of Art: 1000 Fifth Avenue (at 82nd St), New York City.
YOU WILL NEED:
- Your smart phone/tablet
- Ear buds
- Layar. Download the app. It’s free.
TOUR DESCRIPTION / HOW TO
To view the AR installation:
- Open Layar
- Hold your device up to the painting
- Tap the screen
The app scans the work and inserts an alternate image. From that image screen, you will be able to hear a voiceover by clicking the “listen” button. If you prefer, you can read the text for each work by clicking the “read” button.
Tip – After the new content is loaded, you will have access to a button in the lower left corner of Layar that enables you to pop up the alternate image so you can be liberated from having to keep your device focused on the Met painting.
Tip – It’s important to frame the entire painting in your camera before you tap the screen. Layar doesn’t work on just partial elements.
The Paintings And Their Location
– The Ascension of Christ by Hans Suss Von Kulmbach, gallery 643
– Lukas Spielhausen by Lucas Cranach the Elder, gallery 643
– Allegory Of The Planets and Continents by Giovanni Battista Tiepolo, gallery 622
– The Rocky Mountains, Lander’s Peak by Albert Bierstadt, gallery 760
– The Gulf Stream by Winslow Homer, gallery 767
– Untitled 1960 by Clyfford Still, gallery 920
– Untitled 1960 by Morris Louis, gallery 922
– Bohemia Lies By The Sea by Anselm Kiefer, gallery 915